Eleven years after My Sassy Girl first hit theaters and went on to be a major box office hit, a television drama remake has now been green-lit.
Television drama production agency RamongRaein is pursuing a TV drama remake of the popular romantic comedy movie.
The agency had originally begun taking scripts early this year but was unable to settle on a script and writer until recently. It has since, settled on a potential script and is now targeting a premiere of the drama sometime in the latter half of 2013.
A source close to the production shared the agency is planning a 16-episode run and casting had yet to begun.
The original movie catapulted its main stars, Jun Ji Hyun and Cha Tae Hyun, to nationwide stardom. As such, many are wondering who will fill their big shoes and whether they will be able to find the same level of success as the original stars.
Photo Credit: My Sassy Girl
Reporter : Stewart Ho (email@example.com)
[Any copying, republication or redistribution of www.enewsworld.com's content other than for personal uses is expressly prohibited without prior permission from enewsWorld. Copyright infringement is subject to criminal and civil penalties.]
[Hot News You Should Know]
- [Video] Ailee Lets her Voice Shine in Piano Vocal Version of ‘My Grown Up Christmas List’
- [Video] Special JYJ Magazine, ‘The JYJ’ Will be Released in January
- Lee Jae Yoon Joins ‘Yawang’ as Soo Ae’s Step Brother
- Jung Kyung Ho’s New Movie Character Based on Big Bang’s G-Dragon
- [Video] SNSD Prance Around in Nature Smelling Wonderful