She might be facing her worst crisis in her otherwise immensely successful showbiz career.
A terrible public relations disaster that could potentially affect her phenomenal career, if not possibly end it.
But, Anne Curtis seemed unfazed in responding to a report on the Philippine Entertainment Portal that shocked everyone who knew her, even this blogger. Yet you could feel the remorse in her apology. And, in my view, it was brave of Anne to address the issue on Twitter, to her nearly six million followers, instead of keeping quiet and making matters worse by letting people speculate.
Anne goes ballistic
That incident at Privé Luxury Club in the early morning of Saturday, November 23 is now the talk of the town, understandably because the people involved in the incident are A-list artistas and prominent personalities.
While slapping is a common device used in movies, used to humiliate characters in dramatic fashion, delivering a whack to the face in a public place is definitely uncommon,
Blog Posts by Gerry Plaza
- Gerry Plaza | omg! Philippines News Blog – Mon, Dec 2, 2013 8:16 AM PHT
She might be facing her worst crisis in her otherwise immensely successful showbiz career.Read More »from Anne Curtis faces crisis with slapping incident in club
- Blown away.It’s as simple as that, watching Grammy Award-winning songwriter and vocalist Alicia Keys perform her signature song “If I Ain’t Got You” with Asia’s Songbird Regine Velasquez-Alcasid in a number so enthralling, it has become viral.Who wouldn’t share this on their social networks, given the immense vocal chemistry both exuded? And to think, this was just their first time singing in one live performance, s without even a rehearsal or a sound check together at that!Vocal dexterityWhile you could see Alicia belting out her usual rendition of the song, Regine’s vocal dexterity so amazed her, the American artist upped the ante and matched her duet partner’s talent with her own play of vocal skills. What happened was something so unforgettable, even the unlucky ones who failed to watch the concert still felt the electricity and the goosebumps. It was as if they were at the MOA Arena last November 25.Regine had covered the song many times in her Sunday varietyRead More »from Unforgettable Alicia-Regine duet goes viral
- For her achievement in landing the role of “Gigi” in the upcoming restaging of Miss Saigon at London’s West End, Rachelle Ann Go deserves more than just an article “announcing” her feat.The best thing that came out of Rachelle Ann’s triumph was that she really earned it, from the time she had to deal with a struggling career that pitted her against numerous powerful songstresses to the pains of heartbreak, not to mention her journey from one network to another.With Cameron Mackintosh’s announcement that she grabbed the role previously essayed by Isay Alvarez, Rachelle Ann proved she’s more than just a variety show singer or an occasional character actress. She showed even the likes of Mackintosh and the musical’s creators, Alain Boublil and Claude-Michel Schonberg that her talent goes beyond belting out songs to wild abandon but to portraying a difficult character on the musical stage in a disciplined yet evocative manner.Drastic turnNow, Rachelle Ann will take a drasticRead More »from Rachelle Ann’s new journey
- Just a few days after Korina Sanchez drew the ire of netizens over on-air criticism of CNN’s Anderson Cooper, another top ABS-CBN news anchor is being castigated for a comment on his morning radio show where he apparently ridiculed PAGASA about its knowledge of storm surges.In his commentary, Ted Failon used his signature parody in dealing with the issue on air in his popular morning radio program on dzMM. With canned laughter in the background, Failon talked trash about PAGASA’s ability in responding to storm surges. Illustrating this, he mentioned PAGASA even failed to save the life of its own employee when the storm surge leveled its station on the Tacloban coast.While Failon might have a point in charging PAGASA for its unpreparedness and ineptitude in an area it should have deep expertise and knowledge in, making the issue laughable and worse, at the expense of a poor casualty in the devastation shows Failon’s insensitivity and callousness at a time when Yolanda victims areRead More »from When Ted talks trash
- Gerry Plaza | omg! Philippines News Blog – Mon, Nov 18, 2013 10:25 AM PHT(UPDATE) Talks were swirling over the weekend that Korina Sanchez was suspended for a week on her daily newscast TV Patrol.Indeed, she was noticeably absent from the primetime news program since Thursday, Nov. 14. Her last appearance on the newscast was when she reported live from Ormoc City to check on relief efforts.All of these stemmed from Korina’s criticism of CNN journalist Anderson Cooper about his on-air report that there’s “no government presence” in Tacloban City, Leyte and other Yolanda-hit areas. She lambasted Cooper over the report saying, he “doesn’t know where he speaks of.”She was in Ormoc obviously to respond to Cooper’s dare that she visit Tacloban to assess the situation herself and that she could easily do it being the “Interior Minister’s wife.” Cooper’s challenge came as his response to Korina’s brickbats. Of course, Cooper’s CNN desk defended its prized expert journo in disaster-stricken locations calling Korina’s observations “inaccurate” and “bizarre.”NoRead More »from (UPDATE) Korina’s ‘suspension’ puts spotlight on ABS-CBN